This cable is a 5m Type 2 MALE to Type 2 FEMALE, which will allow you to charge your EV at any Type 2 Charging station. These charging stations are commonly installed by local councils and businesses and are readily found on Plugshare.com – set your filter to Type 2 under ‘COMPATIBLE PLUGS’. This cable connects to your EV’s Type 2 or CCS2 charging port.
For Tesla owners, EVchargers offer this cable with a button to open Tesla charge ports. This is a Tesla only product and for now available only for 16A version.
If you purchase the cable with the optional charge port button, it will allow you to stop charging / open your charge port in the normal way when you are at Tesla Superchargers, Destination Chargers, using the Gen1/Gen2 UMC’s or when using the smartphone app.
Use the pull-down menu to select Amperage/Power combination.
- Tesla Model 3, Model S and X with single on-board chargers, select 16A – 11kW.
- Tesla Model S “classic nose” with dual on-board chargers, and Model S/X ‘Raven’ owners, select 32A – 22kW.
- Everyone else (non-Tesla) both EV’s and PHEV’s select 32A – 7.2kW. This is a single phase cable capable of up delivering 32A. If unsure, please ask a question using the Contact Us form.
If a ‘one-size-fits-all’ is more your style, then select 32A – 22kW – this cable has you covered for all Type 2 stations for all EVs & PHEVs.
Cable length is 5m. If you need reach longer distance, consider buying our Type 2 Extension cable or contacting us for a custom length order.
- Impact resistance: can withstand >1m drop and 2tons vehicle run over pressure
- Insertion and extraction force: < 100N
- Insulation resistance: > 1000MΩ (DC500V)
- Pins temperature rise: < 50K
- Withstand voltage: 2500V
- Contact impedance: 0.5mΩMax
- Shell material: thermoplastics, flame retardant grade UL94-0, pins: Copper alloy, silver + top thermoplastic
- Environmental Performance / Temperature: -30°C to 50°C
- Conforms to IEC62196-2 2016 2-llb
- XLPO cable insulation prolongs life-span, TPU sheath improves the bending and wear resistance of cable
- IP55 protected, zero-screw high pressure one-piece press assembly, water ingress into shell virtually eliminated